There are more than 350 million reasons to join Brainly — one for every student you’ll help go from questioning to understanding. Team up with us as we build and continue improving one of the most popular ed-tech products on the planet. In a world of questions and uncertainty, you can be part of the answer as we shape the future of learning and change lives, one student at a time. If this excites you, you know what to do next.
Let’s get to know each other. And get ready to make a difference!
The Back-end Infra team’s mission is to provide research and solutions which empower product teams and engineers to enable their full potential.
We are looking for engineers who are ready to tackle complex challenges with the right tools. We don’t expect our future colleagues to have the experience with every language or tool we use at production. We write mainly in Go but, as everything in life, these can be learned and we are sure that our bootcamp will get you up to speed. We are also a team of engineers with diverse backgrounds and we are more than happy to learn from your experience too.
Are you a goal-driven team player? Do you like tackling new challenges using leading-edge industry tools? Can you adapt to rapidly changing conditions while learning and bettering yourself? Are you a detail-oriented expert who loves focusing on quality? If you answered yes to these questions, you might just be the perfect candidate for this role!
HOW DO WE BUILD SERVICES?
Back-end engineers enjoy all the pros and cons of distributed programming. We ship changes to production multiple times a day and our delivery pipeline makes your code ready to join thousands of already running containers in just 5 minutes. Our services land on Kubernetes that is hosted on AWS. We still have services running on the AWS EC2 stack, but we are working on moving them to the Kubernetes environment. Services communicate either via messaging or good old HTTP. Our platform is defined entirely as code (Terraform, Ansible) and we get lots of goodies out of the box – alerting, logging and telemetry to name a few. We are believers in the DevOps culture, but we still have some things to do to get there.
WHY ENGINEERING AT BRAINLY?
- Enjoy a great engineering culture — we regularly conduct code reviews and schedule time for writing tests.
- Have an impact on every stage of the project, including requirement discussions, design, implementation, and delivery.
- Always go beyond! Our collaborative environment creates room for everyone to learn, improve, and take our engineering to the next level.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Contributing to all stages of the software development life cycle – from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Ensuring reliability and health of live services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Providing documentation and training to all back-end engineers to help them adapt back-end solutions
- Defining standards, conventions and best practices within the team and company-wide
- Collaborating with other teams across the organization
- Practicing Incident response investigation and remediation
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- 5+ years of experience writing web services in a general-purpose programming language
- Strong experience with databases / data stores like PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.
- Experience with cloud architectures and container-based workloads preferably AWS
- Superior design and architecture skills, as well as a solid grasp of Object Oriented design patterns, and Clean Architecture
- Solid understanding of core testing principles
- High level of self-organization, ability to make your own decisions
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with ability to brainstorm and co-create new solutions, both business and technical
- Team player attitude and great communications skills
WHAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS
- Knowledge of Golang
- Experience building distributed systems at scale
- Experience with different programming paradigms i.e: functional
- Experience working with public cloud provider offerings AWS especially SAM/CDK/Lambdas RDS
- Experience working with messaging queues and/or streaming platforms like RabbitMQ, AWS SQS
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
- Work from Kraków or remotely from Poland / Barcelona or remotely from Spain
- 17 000 – 26 000 PLN gross/monthly
- We want to see you grow along with us – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Harvard ManageMentor, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why at Brainly, we fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sport card (Multisport Plus in Poland, Andjoy in Spain)
- You will also get an access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English & Polish via the Mental Health Helpline
- Flexible working hours – working requires communication, so we work within the European business hours, but we also know that life may be unpredictable, so if you need to jump out of work (doctor’s appointment, emergency, anything) – no problem!
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation
- We will provide you with all the necessary equipment & tools, including an additional budget for accessories which will make your remote setup even more comfortable.
- You can join internal communities and contribute to charity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, take part in great internal events or represent Brainly at conferences or meet-ups.
Brainly is the online learning platform where over 350 million students and parents go from questioning to understanding. With their smartphones, users can snap a photo to instantly solve any problem or homework question and be matched with a Brainly product such as Community Q&A, Brainly Tutor, Math Solver or Textbook Detective.
Brainly is built to provide students, parents, experts, and teachers with a collaborative platform and tools needed to succeed in any educational environment. Based in Kraków, Poland, with U.S. headquarters in New York City, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries.
Backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments. Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com.
❗️Don't forget to mention you come from Dare IT!