There are more than 350 million reasons to join Brainly — one for every student you’ll help go from questioning to understanding. Team up with us as we build and continue improving one of the most popular ed-tech products on the planet. In a world of questions and uncertainty, you can be part of the answer as we shape the future of learning and change lives, one student at a time. If this excites you, you know what to do next.
Let’s get to know each other. And get ready to make a difference!
Do you have an explorer mindset and want to work in a collaborative organization where your contributions will make a strong impact? Great! We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to support the development and become the strategic contributor of our Design System ✌🏻
If you are passionate about Design Systems, their possibilities & users, skilled in making beautifully crafted interactive experiences, a system thinker, who is able to collaborate with different stakeholders to identify, test and integrate new opportunities, thrive in ambiguity, and understand the big picture while at the same time attending to the details – that’s you, whom we’re looking for!
We are treating our Design System as a product, creating solutions that allow us to increase our metrics and make the experience of our Designers and Developers better. Your future role is a mix of rapid iteration, long-term strategic bets, and improvements to our existing Design System infrastructure for Web and Mobile Apps. Throughout the design process, you will be accountable for co-creating our design system, setting the visual language, creating design artefacts, and developing concepts that evolve our product in a unified and engaging way.
WHY DESIGN AT BRAINLY?
- Check out our Dribbble and Medium resources to discover what we’ve been up to lately.
- Take a look at our design system called Pencil, of which we are especially proud. Also, you can visit our Instagram to meet your future team!
- Watch this video of our Design System Manager, Patrycja, explaining the process of building a Design System at Brainly.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Evolve the design system, look and feel of Brainly visual language, its components, and design patterns, from concepts to implementation
- Empower designers across the company to build responsive, accessible, and satisfying experiences with minimal effort by contributing to the Brainly libraries, guidelines, and documentation and actively sharing knowledge on how to utilize the design system
- Always seek out design system best practices, design patterns across multiple industries and products to constantly evolve Brainly products and design language
- Define the Design System’s user journey and recommend improvements
- Partner with designers within Brainly to evolve and apply new design styles and aesthetics aligned with Brainly branding
- Partner with engineers within Brainly to create easily accessible solutions that will engage them in cooperation with our Design System
- Manage and develop a range of visual design and UI explorations for new projects based on company goals and business objectives
- Work closely with the rest of the design team to streamline the design process
- Help shape the design culture at Brainly
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- 4+ years of professional experience as a Product Designer
- Experience implementing design and creating responsive components systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment
- Experience designing for web, Android, and IOS
- Strong in articulating and explaining your ideas to other designers, engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders
- Ability to take ownership of cross-area (cross-team) design tasks.
- Mastery in the design process, from research, developing concepts to creating pixel-perfect designs, handoff to development and implementation supervision
- Great understanding of visual harmony, information hierarchy, and design patterns
- Great technical understanding of how to build style-guides, UI patterns and work smarter around technical limitations
- Very strong knowledge of Figma
- Fluency in English (in speaking and writing)
- Academic degree in the field of design
WHAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS
- Experience in writing simple and clear design documentation for multiple audiences (designers, developers, product owners, and other stakeholders)
- Experience in product discovery for internal products like design systems
- Ability to share knowledge through workshops and presentations
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
- Work remotely from Poland or Spain
- 15 000 – 20 000 PLN gross / monthly
- We want to see you grow along with us – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Harvard ManageMentor, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why at Brainly, we fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sport card (Multisport Plus in Poland, Andjoy in Spain)
- You will also get an access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English & Polish via the Mental Health Helpline
- Flexible working hours – working requires communication, so we work within the European business hours, but we also know that life may be unpredictable, so if you need to jump out of work (doctor’s appointment, emergency, anything) – no problem!
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation
- We will provide you with all the necessary equipment & tools, including an additional budget for accessories which will make your remote setup even more comfortable.
- You can join internal communities and contribute to charity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, take part in great internal events or represent Brainly at conferences or meet-ups.
Brainly is the online learning platform where over 350 million students and parents go from questioning to understanding. With their smartphones, users can snap a photo to instantly solve any problem or homework question and be matched with a Brainly product such as Community Q&A, Brainly Tutor, Math Solver or Textbook Detective.
Brainly is built to provide students, parents, experts, and teachers with a collaborative platform and tools needed to succeed in any educational environment. Based in Kraków, Poland, with U.S. headquarters in New York City, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries.
Backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments. Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com.
❗️Don't forget to mention you come from Dare IT!